De Facto is looking for an intern who can join our team. Specifically, we are looking for someone with a background in Political Sciences. As the internship will be remote due to covid-19, the student can do his/her work from all over the world.
Who we are
De Facto is a platform focused on unrecognized states, curious borders and micronations. We publish regularly on our website and - when covid-19 is not around—organize events. Our editorial team writes articles, and we republish stories and link to other media. We have a huge network of academics, journalists, photographers and artists. De Facto is based in Amsterdam.
Who we are looking for
– Student (or recent graduate) of Political Sciences,
– A strong interest in de facto states, curious borders and micronations,
– Showing initiative, and the ability to work independently,
– A good knowledge of English (both written and oral), knowledge of other languages would be an advantage,
– Good writing and computer skills (working on the back-end of our website and social media),
– Ability to work remotely, from your own desk (there is no physical office),
– Part-time availability for 10-12 weeks.
As an intern, you will follow the news closely. You try to find good stories to share and will write articles yourself. You’ll be in close contact with the editorial team and will manage new publications on our website. Additionally, you’ll be active on our social media, sharing our work and spotting interesting people, places and stories.
What we offer
– The opportunity to write articles and improve your (journalistic) writing skills
– An international platform to share your stories
– An enthusiastic small team with a great network
– A great deal of flexibility (working hours, focus of your work)
– The possibility of combining your internship with other obligations (studies/work). The internship will be part-time: about 10-20 hours per week.
– The internship is unpaid.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter (explaining your motivation and interest in applying for this position) in one single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your motivation letter (max 750 words), please indicate the topics that you are especially interested in and would like to follow for De Facto. Additionally, elaborate on our website and social media interactions and share some ideas on how to develop it further—and what would be your own role therein.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 11th November 2020 at midnight CET.